Thermal treatment using XLG® corrugated tube heat exchangers takes place more rapidly than with other tubular heat exchangers because the heat transfer coefficient – the numerical value representing the rate of transfer of heat from one fluid to another – is significantly higher, allowing a more rapid treatment. The result is obvious: juices which are pasteurised in corrugated tube heat exchangers retain more of their natural properties as less time is needed for their treatment; they are exposed to the high temperature for less time and to the degradation in their natural properties that this causes.
Commonly used types
Listed below are the types of XLG® heat exchangers commonly used in the treatment of other food stuffs:
- - Coffee extract: XLG® Multitube.
- - Baby foods: XLG® Tube-in-Tube and Tripletube.
- - Collagen production: XLG® Multitube.
- - Cocoa butter: XLG® Tripletube and Tube-in-Tube.
- - Liquid egg products: XLG® Tube-in-Tube and Multitube.
- - Glucose: XLG® Multitube.